Monday, November 12, 2012

Making a Baby: Week 11

And the libido is back! With a vengeance!!

Over the last many weeks, I've had almost no interest in sex. What can I say? Extreme fatigue, nausea  and vomiting just don't do it for me. Weird, right?

As of Thursday, I was starting to feel better. Since Friday night, I have basically been sexually harassing my husband 24-7. It's like my libido is in mega-mega rebound, fueled by all these excess hormones. R is getting noticeably concerned that this might only be the beginning. And before any of you chime in with a 'men love it all the time' type comment, let me say no, no they don't.

I know this because I normally have a very high sex drive. When I talked to my now-husband about this little quirk of mine early on in our relationship, you'd have thought he won the lotto. I like to remind him of this response every once in a while after he tells me he's too tired.

In other, less sexy news, I actually cooked food - another sign I'm feeling more like myself. I normally love to cook, but for the last month or so it sounds like one of the worst ideas ever.

So, overall, Week 11 is starting out great. I have more energy and my digestive system is no longer imitating a hurricane. Hopefully this is a sign that my second trimester grace period is going to be a long one.

No comments: