Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Making a Baby: Weeks 25 and 26

Like Week 24, Week 25 was filled with horrendous heartburn. The kind that requires the ingestion of Tums and makes me afraid to sip water when I wake up at night because it leads to a flood of acid pushing its way up my esophagus.
Also, the baby managed to get some serious leverage one day and was intently pushing out. It was a bit like this:
Uncomfortable, to say the least.

I'm happy to report that Week 26 was a vast improvement. Heartburn was minimal. There was less bladder bouncing than usual, which allowed me to better appreciate all those tiny kicks. 

I absolutely LOVE watching him move. Sometimes you can see him shift from one position to another, a bulge that moves slowly across my belly. Other times the kicks cause my skin to tweak and bounce. Amazing. There's an actual little human in there, squirming and getting comfortable. 

Alright, onto the obligatory belly pictures:
Week 25


Week 26

Both of these pictures were taken first thing in the morning, straight from the shower, no makeup, hair product, or dignity. I just wanted to get the damn picture over with and change out of my stupid picture pants into, well, yoga pants. It was Sunday. Don't judge me.



Way more interesting pictures: the paintings I did for the nursery.
R has named him Finneus.


Before anyone gets all crazy, let me say that my art studio is well ventilated and I used low VOC interior wall paint. Plus, I didn't lick my paint brush once. Pinky swear.

Notice that in the cardinal painting, the aspen leaves match the wall color exactly. For those of you who are not Sherlock Holmes, that's because it is the same paint. Also, the white and blue match the nursery ceiling where I painted a sky. I'd show you a picture, but it refuses to be photogenic, so you'll just have to trust me. 

I'm very pleased with how these turned out. Once we get out dresser/changing table (Yes, we finally found one on craigslist. We are supposed to pick it up tonight!), I'll sew the nursery curtains and we'll be set. Probably. Unless we get crazy about something else. You never know, our nesting has really started to kick in. Over the weekend we rearranged our bedroom and the family room and some of the front room. Because babies obviously care about furniture arrangement.

No comments: