Tuesday, January 22, 2013

A Winter Wonderland

The sun is currently making an appearance. This is in contrast to the gray clouds that hunker over the city. Even the sun is ringed tightly by swathes of gray vapor, but somehow the light has broken through and the snow on the ground and the frost in the aspen trees are shining brightly. And it is snowing.

The flakes are small and falling straight down like rain. Heavy and silent, the torrent of snowflakes is broken only by bits of ice that mingle with them. The flakes are starting to form a soft layer while the flecks of ice bounce across the rocks and trampled snow of my backyard.

I hope I have captured the scene for you, because it is truly beautiful.

There are three of four inches of snow on the ground already. Much of it trampled by our dogs. I hope the snow continues to fall through the sunshine, creating a thick layer of white, scrubbing away the evidence that the dogs have left in the snow.

Because they've left more than paw prints.


1 comment:

Cheryl said...

This is so pretty :)

We had snow where I live recently too, alhough it's mostly gone now...my favourite sort of weather, and definitely the most beautiful.