Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Making a Baby: Week 7

Okay, I promise that not every blogpost will be about my pregnancy...but most of them probably will, because, c'mon! I'm totally in the process of whippin' up a whole live human here! Miracle of life and all that jazz.

Our little tadpole is not particularly photogenic yet (Source)


So, 'how's it going?', you might ask (or you might not, but I'm going to talk about it anyway). Well, the truth is, I'm less fond of week 7 than the previous weeks. Truth hurts, week 7. Week 7 brought The Queasy  I know I can't complain too loudly. I'm not horking. I just keep feeling like I could. Like my stomach is sloshing around while the rest of my is firmly landlocked. I've been taking deep breaths and avoiding movement as much as possible, and that seems to be working, so far. **fingers crossed** Also, trying to eat small meals every couple hours, etc., etc., pregnancy advice.

Last week, I began my official pregnancy workout routine. Anyway, responsible working out lasted 4 whole days before The Queasy set in and I began relinquishing my nights to reading books and watching Netflix. Last night I decided to knuckle under and go slowly through the routine. Approximately 3 minutes later I was easing back into the recliner with a bottle of water, making sure to keep my chin elevated to keep the bile where it belongs. **sigh** I've promised myself I'll try again today - earlier, as The Queasy is worse early in the morning and later in the evening.

Another weird pregnancy symptom that has arisen is my food cravings for protein, specifically meat. This is odd, as I am not a big meat eater. I've stocked the house with lots of protein rich, non-meat foods (almonds, pumpkin seeds, edamame, flax seed crackers, cheese, yogurt - stuff like that), but instead I'm all, "You know what we should have for lunch?? Hamburgers!" Seriously, I almost lost my mind when we walked past the rotisserie chicken at Costco. When we got one home, I literally ate a fourth of it while waiting for dinner to finish cooking, because NO, the chicken was not for dinner, it was just for eating. Eating with my fingers, hunched over the kitchen counter, probably growling under my breath.

As that last paragraph might underscore, my appetite has not been affected by The Queasy. At least, not when delicious roasted chicken is involved...okay, I better stop talking about it. It's too early to be eating chicken. Probably.

Anyway, that's me pregnant at 7 weeks. My hubby is grinning ear-to-ear every time I mention The Queasy. His reasoning: This is just more proof that I'm pregnant. I might have to slap him around a bit.


No comments: