Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Blog Goes On

I feel like I should write something, but I also feel like I have told the whole wide Internet everything already: we are trying to make a baby and looking to buy a house. Also, snowboarding.

Yeah, so more of that.

We are trying in earnest to get pregnant (wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more). We have been giggling to ourselves and touching my belly and thinking what if?? Of course we have been researching all about pregnancy and nutrition - because we embrace all that is geeky. Also, knowledge is good. So are leeks and sardines, apparently. So I made potato and leak soup (delicious) and am trying to get up the gumption to find a can of sardines...I used to like them but smelly fish isn't sounding appetizing at the moment. Is that a first-trimester food aversion forming or just common sense?? We DON'T KNOW YET. Ack, the anticipation is just going to get worse. I've never been so excited about peeing on something before.*

*You know, the pregnancy test. Peeing on one another is not something R and I have worked into our bedroom repertoire.

Anywho, we have also looked at more houses. And there is one. Oh yes, there is. It might be the one. We are going to go back and look at it again today to find out. (Squee!)

Also, snowboarding. Some friends came to visit and we went snowboarding with them over the weekend. It. was. awesome! Inches of fresh powder, increasing skillz, and only falling 3 times - and two of those times were the slow down and sit on butt kind that don't really count as falling. I amaze myself. (Obviously my threshold for amazement is low.)
Actual picture of me on the mountain in snowboarding style.

Oh yeah, and someone crashed into one of our vehicles. The new one that we just brought back from Wyoming. We literally had it for 10 days and someone ran into it while it was parked along the street. He was speeding, eating chips and salsa out of his passenger seat, and talking on his cell phone. He hit our vehicle hard enough that it ran into our neighbor's car, totalling it. Fortunately, the guy's insurance is paying to repair the damage, which included the whole rear end (underneath where it is expensive) while miraculously leaving the exterior untouched. Initially I was not so laissez faire about it, but I'm over it. Shit happens. If that's the worst that we have to deal with - a car accident where no one was injured and everything can be fixed, then we are fortunate indeed.

**Though, for the record, engaging in multiple tasks while driving is dangerous. If you are speeding, eating, and talking on the phone while driving, you run the risk of being labeled an idiot.**

All in all, life is good and the world continues to continue. As does this blog.

No comments: