Thursday, August 23, 2012

Trials and Tribulations of Face Stuffing

So, if you've been paying attention to my ramblings lately you are aware that I've been super, mega, awesomely active. In my head, this has translated to "eat whatever you want!" The results have been disheartening.

IF I had maintained my other exercise schedule, instead of deciding that it was unnecessary because LOOK, I AM AMAZEBALLS! Then maybe I would have lost some weight in spite of the face-stuffing binge I went on. But no. Instead I ate snickers bars and drank extra beer and sat on ass when I wasn't hiking, biking, swimming, etc. because I burned all those calories. Therefore, THESE calories do not count.

It all made sense at the time. Shut up. Don't judge me.

Also, I've been wearing stretchy shorts and so I didn't realize how tight my jeans were getting. Then I put them on. Gulp. Now, instead of feeling all, that's right, I see you checking me out, I'm all Hey, are you staring at my belly?? Mind your own chub!

It's a bit like this:


SO, I am considering trying to pay more attention to what I put in my mouth. Could I sound more wishy washy? Probably no.

I'm going to go back to what I should have been doing the whole time: counting my daily servings of fruit and veggies. This has always worked really well for me because if you're getting your full 6 servings of good stuff, there's not a lot of room for all that other crap. Additionally, I'm going to go back to 30 minutes of daily exercise, rather than trying to rely on exercise binges alone.

I realize this isn't very drastic, but once I start in and start feeling better about my self, rather than sluggish and crabby, I'll consider amping things up a bit. Any suggestions?


No comments: