Thursday, July 5, 2012

The Day After the 4th of July

Things I have been doing instead of blogging:

1) Work...yep. Even after the 4th of July because it was on a Wednesday. Lame.
2) Enjoying the great outdoors. Hiking, the beach (just the beach because the water temperature is currently between I've just gone numb and Holy shit, why did I get in this water?!, strolling through our neighborhood, yard work, and gardening.
3) Gardening! I'm so excited! I promise to share pictures soon because, get this, things are living! And not dying at all, and presumably will be delicious (eventually). Hippy fist-bump (peace bump?)
4) Helping one of my relatives get through a rough patch. This hasn't been much fun. In fact, it's emotionally draining but, unfortunately, that's part of life. Sometimes people need a hand up and I'm glad we are in a position to help.
5) Visiting family and friends. This usually involves alcohol. No complaints here.

I'd also like to give a shout out to America. Good job U.S.A.! As a woman, I may not have been able to do many of the things on this list if I had been born in another country. So happy birthday to you! Also, I love what you've done with your fireworks this year. 



No comments: