Thursday, October 6, 2011

In which I go a' ramblin'

A blog in which I don't know what to talk about. Which is part of the reason that I haven't posted anything in so long. And I was really busy with work. And also, the family of which I dare not speak. That makes it sound more ominous and, honestly, more interesting than it actually is. So, a brief synopsis (cause I know y'all are just dying to know*): my parents split up and divorced this past year(ish). Which is sad, and weird (you know because I'm 30, and I was one of the few people my age whose parents were still together), and frustrating, etc. etc.

*That was sarcasm. And P.S., this is the first, and hopefully only, time I use y'all. Not being southern, I feel like a fraud using it, but the northwest simply doesn't have any homey idioms that I can toss out.

So, anyway, stuff and things not related to divorce. Hmmmm. Well, gmail keeps asking for my phone number. I am greatly annoyed by this, since I use their service for free and then they want something from me to supposedly increase the usefulness of their free product. The nerve. I hope they are ashamed of themselves.

In other news, I have been reading about pregnancy and things related to pregnancy, since the calendar is creeping closer and closer to The Baby Making time. Which is also weird (the baby making thing, not time creeping forward; I've gotten used to that one). I have spent so much time trying NOT to get pregnant, that the idea of doing it intentionally still rocks my little world.

Tangentially related to that, I have finally gotten off my lazy rump and started really exercising again. I am pretty active in the summer - hiking, swimming, and so on - but that activity is usually paired with regular exercise at home. Not so much this year. I think that part of it concerns our impending attempts at The Baby Making. Because, who cares if my thighs are a little more plump than usual? I'm planning on throwing in the towel on looking hot, cause I'm going to be the size and shape of a big ol' pumpkin. However, I have firmly removed my head from between my plumping butt cheeks and started getting back on the elliptical, if only so I can be in really good shape before being pregnant. This is, of course, so the baby will be healthy, I won't be on bed rest**, and the real reason: maybe it will then be easier for me to loose the bloated pumpkin after the arrival of aforementioned baby.

**Bed rest!! AHHHH! I would lose my mind and I swear, I will take as many people with me as possible.

Okay, well, rambling accomplished. I feel like I have successfully blogged about nothing, which should not surprise you in anyway. I mean, c'mon, I did warn you right up front. That's right, go back and read the beginning. You were warned.

No comments: