Monday, June 11, 2012

Holy Hormones Batman!


Well, the saga continues. Who knew it could be such a process to get impregnated?

It turns out that taking hormonal birth control for so many years has left my body too lazy to regulate its own cycles. So, I'm going to be back on progesterone for a couple more months to try and whip my ovaries into shape.

Timing-wise, this is actually pretty good. I mean, we want to have babies and all, but it's summer...our first full summer in this awesome town and I was starting to feel like I was going to be missing out because everything big that we have planned revolves around drinking (which obviously I couldn't do if we'd been successful at knocking me up). AND, do to this forced hiatus, if things work out like my doctor wants*, the timing for potential baby will be much better for both my work and R's.

*I have finally caught on, learned that timing this kind of thing is hit or miss, and won't be holding my breath. But it's nice to think that it could work out.

Also, after months of keeping my oil paints put away (because you can't be playing with paint thinners and trying for a baby), I broke down and started this awesome painting. I was struck by a lightening bolt of inspiration and just had to get this painting out of my head. And while I was waiting for part of that painting to dry, I started a second painting and have been toying with the idea for a third, and PAINT ALL THE THINGS! Quick, while the hormones aren't looking!


So, anyway, not like the whole-wide Internet cares about my nethers, but just in case  you were wondering, they remain unoccupied. Possible baby has been put on a shelf. Crazy, emo moments were prescribed in the form of little white pills, along with a side of swollen, nice-to-look-at-but-don't-you-dare-touch-them boobies.

No comments: